SITE IMPROVEMENT – NOTIFICATION

Home Forums Site Matters SITE IMPROVEMENT – NOTIFICATION

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  adminguy 9 months, 3 weeks ago.

• Author

Chinasa
    Participant
    Filtered Thoughts Points: 1320

Dear FilteredThoughts,
    Thanks again for this opportunity. I would love to suggest the addition of a notification bar or link (depending on where you want to put it) on your site. I noticed you already have a profile bar where one can check their posts made and replies; but, wouldn’t it be so much easier if there is a notification bar that allows the participant click once and be immediately directed to the post and the individual who commented without having to scroll through several posts to get there.
    I know some participants might struggle as I did to get to their post or replies made by other individuals to their post not knowing about the profile bar. I believe a notifications bar appearing at the top (just like the messages bar) will make it so much easier to interact.
    This notification bar could also serve as a way to notify individuals when points are awarded and on which post.
    I noticed you use email messages for notifications, but I believe a direct one will be better.
    I hope I’m not imposing.
    Thanks again.

Thoughtful Comments: 10.  10 (helpful)

Tobyphd
    Participant
    Filtered Thoughts Points: 30

Thanks Chinaza. I sincerely doubt your not making a good point. Added to your suggestions is the provision of a segment to upload videos and pictures. Particularly those ones that are both comic and inspiring. It keeps the room interesting.! Really wish these are taken into considerations, then Filtered Thought will be the best of its kind. Long live FT.

Thoughtful Comments: 10.  10 (helpful)

adminguy
    Keymaster
    Filtered Thoughts Points: 10

Hello @chinasa,

You are not imposing at all – we welcome the feedback.

The challenge is that there might be many threads that you might have commented in that people might have responded to since you last visited.

Would you be happy with a link that you could click to take you to a page, where the page would have links to any threads that you had posted on and that now had new replies since your last visit? The link would only display when there were links to click on this page; we can research whether this is possible, and if there is time, we can implement  this.

Thoughtful Comments: 0.

adminguy
    Keymaster

Hello @tobyphd,

Thanks for your feedback.

Regarding uploading videos, we have to be mindful of how much bandwidth we end up using, because we still have bills to pay. Having said that, you can upload pictures in posts by doing the following:

Ensure that you have a picture of the image that you want to upload on your computer.

Click on the image icon, here:

This will bring up this dialog:

Click on the highlighted button to select the image you want to add – this will bring up a file dialog which you can use to select the picture on your computer.

Once you have selected a picture,  if you want to resize the image, you can specify a dimension in one of the ‘Dimensions’ boxes (just specify one, and leave the ‘Constrain proportions’ checkbox ticked).

Then click ‘OK’, and your image will appear in your post.

Tobyphd
    Participant

Wow. Thanks a lot. Now satisfactory.!

Tobyphd
    Participant

Sorry please. If I might ask again. what account to fast upgrading of points.!?Because mine is so ridiculous ever since I joined the forum.

Thanks .

Chinasa
    Participant
    Filtered Thoughts Points: 1320

@adminguy. Thanks. When I notification I mean prompts. Something close to what you are saying. I just hope we are thinking the same thing. Don’t really get you.

adminguy
      Keymaster

Hello @chinasa,

We can investigate whether it is possible / easy to have a prompt when there are responses on one or more threads that you have posted on, so that when you click on the prompt, you are taken to a page that has links to all those threads.

We’ll keep you posted on how it goes.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.