Money and politics

Home Forums Politics and Philosophy Money and politics

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Iyke 1 week, 1 day ago.

• Author

Femi Onileagbon
    Participant

In the 2016 local government elections in Ogun state, someone close to me contested on the platform of a party that decided not to buy votes. He lost and his party only managed to win two Councillor seats. As 2019 approaches, he has been approached to work for a major party known for ‘stomach infrastructure’ towards the governorship elections with the promise of an automatic shot at a Councillor seat (by all means possible) in the next local government elections.

I have told him not to follow that train and his wife, who is my friend, has started hissing each time I stop over at his shop. Should I have kept my mouth shut?

Thoughtful Comments: 10.  10 (interesting)

Samson
    Participant

Ofcourse not!
    You did nothing wrong in telling him the truth but you would be doing something wrong in forcing him to abide by it with the (if I may guess) “regular” visits.
    You’ve planted the seed and watered it enough, allow it grow and if peradventure it dies…the guilt off your conscience.

Thoughtful Comments: 0.

Iyke
    Participant

The truth has always been bitter..

Your opinion to him is good but can be misunderstood by the wife and anyone.
    Do not mind,You did the right thing by advising him.
    Don’t relent on the happenings. Move on and ignore what it’s looking like.

Thoughtful Comments: 0.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.