Heaven

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Aezolase 4 months, 2 weeks ago.

• Author

Samson
    Participant
    Filtered Thoughts Points: 4730

This argument arose in one of my classes about what or where heaven is.

Is it a state of mind?

or

Is it a place?

I defended the former with the one proof that till today, no one has yet pointed out where the garden of Eden is or was with enough proof.

To me, heaven is a state of some divine joy with no thought of evil,..a state where most of us has had a glimpse of before.

And so is hell too.
    A state of everlasting guilt, where sinners conscience will be revived to hundred percent so they feel the complete condemnation of all their evil and this same state we’ve all been too at some point.

If heaven and hell were were to be places, where exactly are they located?
    Up or down?

We are filtered thinkers so topics like this shouldn’t irritate us rather should serve as an avenue to increase our spiritual knowledge too.

Thoughtful Comments: 0.

CHIJANN
    Participant
    Filtered Thoughts Points: 3320

@samson For me one does not have to imagine these things or try to come up with his/her personal ‘thinkings’/feelings’ but to just take the ‘sayings’ just as the ‘HOLY’books have said.

Samson
    Participant
    Filtered Thoughts Points: 4730

I don’t think rational discussion about anything is a sin. We are all trying to understand our world better and different points of views will go a long way in helping us place the pieces right.

Again, I think the concept of taking the Bible literally is the major problem of religion worldwide.

CHIJANN
    Participant

@samson there is no need for one to start discussing what he has no singlest idea about
    Some certain things are ‘Yes and Amen’
    It is just as someone to tell me to argue on topics concerning ‘Life after death’ I cannot do that since I have not died and I have not seen any one who has died and came back to life again so that I can enquire from him or her how life is in the zone of dead persons
    One can not say what he does not know

CHIJANN
    Participant

@samson I am not trying to say that the discussion of this topic is a sin or not a sin
    What I am saying is that one should not discuss some certain issues seen to be above man
    Only God can explain some certain things
    No one has gone to heaven or hell and has come back to us to tell us exactly where each of them is situated
    My thoughts though

Aezolase
    Participant
    Filtered Thoughts Points: 2580

I understand where @samson is coming from. It is paramount we think critically about things before absorbing. When we begin to probe any information that comes to us before taking in, then things will certainly get better.

As to where heaven or hell is situated, that remains to the creator alone, or better still scientists that believe God doesn’t exist. As a mortal, I believe in the scripture and I can say heaven is above every creature.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.