May 20, 2018 at 2:51 pm #10570
Lately, members have be guilty of unknowingly repeating posts which have been previously made.
In their defence, some of these members are new to the platform and have no knowledge of past posts and those that do have the knowledge also have a hard time telling if it has really been posted before on this same platform or a different platform or just a thought of theirs which seem to be reoccurring as a posted topic.
I want to suggest any means possible for the poster, reviewers or admin to be able to tell if a particular topic has been posted before so as not to duplicate such topic.
Maybe an Autobot that signals similarities with a link to parent post as proof.
Infact, the link will go a long way to encourage referencing original topic if adjuncts are to be made with another post.
This is just a suggestion open to further adjustments.
And also @adminguy how do you create a link with just the related word(s) of the reference topic unlike the usual whole “http://…” link format?
I think it’s cool, and would like to learn and adopt that style.Thoughtful Comments: 0.
May 20, 2018 at 9:33 pm #10590
Thanks for the suggestion. We’ll look into what we can do to signal to Filtered Thinkers that there are already threads similar to the one that they wish to post.
If you wish to create a topic with just the word in the link, rather than a link like ‘http://…’, then do the following:
– Ensure that you have the address of the link (i.e. something like ‘https://…’)
– Type the word that you want to be in the link. For example, if I want a link that has the text ‘Duplication of Posts’, then I will have something like this:
– Select the text that you have typed, then click the chain link, e.g. like this:
– In the dialog that appears, enter the link address, then click the blue button with the white arrow pointing left. When you do this, the dialog will disappear, and you will have a link with the text pointing to your link address.
I believe that if the link address points to a thread on the site, and you just post the link, then the site software will automatically recognise it and replace the ‘https://…’ with the title of the thread.Thoughtful Comments: 0.
June 20, 2018 at 6:41 pm #11283
What of a “search” tab for any keyword to be typed into and searched for the exact or related topics according to that keyword(s)?
It will help curb complete repetitions and also improve filtered thinkers referencing others at least.Thoughtful Comments: 0.
June 22, 2018 at 2:10 am #11293
June 23, 2018 at 4:29 pm #11313
Which post particularly was duplicated? Some post were ‘recalled’, but I haven’t noticed any duplicated post. Duplicated means that the person must have copied the post and made it seem like a completely new post, which I haven’t noticed anyone do here. So you have to be specific @samson.
Thoughtful Comments: 0.
- This reply was modified 8 hours, 12 minutes ago by Chinasa.
June 23, 2018 at 8:32 pm #11317
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.