Double dating, a way forward or an excuse against heart break

Home Forums Relationships Double dating, a way forward or an excuse against heart break

This topic contains 10 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  omololaAK 1 month ago.

• Author

Senroso
    Participant

If once heart broken,  should one double date or trust the next partner???

1 Star2 Stars3 Stars4 Stars5 Stars (No Ratings Yet)
    Thoughtful Comments: 0.

Chinasa
    Participant

What good would it bring to double date just after a heartbreak? It would definitely lead you to another heartbreak and you breaking someone else’s heart too. This is because you may end up liking either one of the persons you’re double dating with or both of them to the point where you would have a difficult choice choosing one when you finally decide to settle. It is a risky thing. Double dating for me is cheating – it means you are unfaithful. That is not a virtue anyone should have.

For someone that just went through a heart break, instead of immediately dating another person why not take a break from that? Heal first, understand how you got things wrong the first time and learn from the past relationship. Jumping into a new one may lead to another heartbreak. So stay single a while, and focus on yourself.

Thoughtful Comments: 10.  10 (interesting)

Senroso
    Participant

There is a saying in Hausa,  “gida biyu maganin gobara ” meaning in the case of a fire incident,  having two houses is better,  if one is on fire,  u can stay in the other.  What if u waited and then find yourself in another wrecked relationship??

chibaby
    Participant

Double dating to me also means cheating ,you can double date to find real love,what if you love both at a time? What if you mistake the real one for fake.you just have to stick to one because it doesn’t heal heartbreak rather it can make you to lose the two partner at a time if they find out you are cheating on them

Adebulu
    Participant

I think double dating is not after one’s heart is broken, I think it is when you are dating two person or more at a time.

Double-date relationship does not have firm grip. Double dating will build doubt in you because you have your mind divided, trying to satisfy Mr. A and at the same time Mr. B.

Some may say double dating is beneficial in the sense that once A drops/dumps you, you’ll still have B to lean on, but I’ll say otherwise, It is not proper, Double dating is nothing different from a Man/Woman cheating on his wife or husband respectively.

Maintaining a single relationship is kind of a hard task nevertheless managing two or three at a time. So double dating ain’t taking you nowhere.

Volani E
    Participant

Double dating, a huge stress that you should avoid. Filled with unnecessary stuffs.

Senroso
    Participant

Trust is a difficult thing to do especially after u trusted someone and that person let u down,  not many can deal with that properly,  some develop fear,  some loose there self esteem,  some start having trust issues,  how can one in this brackets overcome this and stick to a single relationship???

mayjovey
    Participant

Relationship is between two persons.

Cheating is one thing that goes against relationships. For a person to intentionally cheat by double dating is a No no…

Samson
    Participant

Double dating might not even be due to either of the mentioned reasons on the topic but for that human nature of doubt which always breed distrust in others.

Nobody can beat their chest to the fact of never for once doubting even the most trusted person in their life.

Those in relationship experience are prone to that thought of getting a third party as backup should in case…
    I have also had that thought but quickly discarded it with my philosophy of having a clear conscience.
    No matter how decent, faithful and clean your partner and their past records are, there will always be trust issues of what if…but my conclusion was that if the worst ever happens, I don’t want it to be because I doubted her so much that I started replacing her before we broke.

I just don’t want the reason for any misunderstanding of that manner to be ever traced back to me.
    Mine is to play my role well while taking her as my one and only and if the worst comes to happen, my conscience won’t tell me it was because I already started replacing her emotionally.

Senroso
    Participant

Realizing she is lost even before it is confirmed,  if one got another before she left,  could you have been cheating???

omololaAK
    Participant

To me, double dating only breeds confusion. The human mind is designed to focus best on only one thing at a time effectively even when you have more than that thing to think of; same goes if it involves real people in relationships. Friends, it is not uncommon to hear wives and girlfriends fighting each other and resorting to murder or witchcraft because one of them feels cheated or ignored by the man. It is equally not uncommon to see men get violent because of being treated as second class citizen by the woman they love, because some other person out there is preferred to them. It can be a painful experience, and some cases are never forgiven. I think you should be true to yourself and avoid bitterness and enmity that does not end easily. Choose one partner and let go of the other fast.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.